I rebuilt and redesigned the entire ReligionNews.com frontend. ReligionNews.com gets over 2 million page views a month, so we needed a fast, highly SEO optimized site. The new frontend’s page speed is 2x faster than the previous site and SEO has been improved 15% — helping to double our Alexa ranking. The new site also has many UX improvements.
RNS Website Redesign
1 / 6
Desktop home page
- Reading progress - a sidebar widget that counts how many of today's popular posts a user a read.
- Dynamic lazy loading based on device.
- Trending topic area – when there are important news events, a trending topic area appears on the home page.
- RNS Photo galleries - large, beautiful, and fully customizable galleries for photo based stories.
- An analytics backend tool to load calculate e-commerce order averages.
- Crop featured image functionality to re-position thumbnails.
- Featured video on posts.
- A pop-up video modal for sponsored posts.
- Google Page View Insights score on average improved from 10-25 point range to 50-90 point range.
- RNS Forms to accept payments, create subscriptions, make posts, generate downloads, and sign users up for newsletters.
- And many other small UX improvements.